This program is designed for business students with the aim of providing critical insight and valuable first-hand experience about Vietnamese culture, society, history, and business climate. Highlights of the study tour include:
LECTURES IN ENGLISH (TENTATIVE)
- 9 days of activities in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) & vicinity
- Lectures in English on Vietnamese economic, business and cultural behavior, provided by the faculty of Vietnam National University – International University and Vietnamese and international business leaders.
- Company visits including discussions by business leaders.
CORPORATE/INSTITUTION VISITS (SAMPLE)
- Vietnamese culture, society, and history: The determinants of Vietnamese business climate
- Vietnamese economy, banking, and financial markets
- Doing business in Vietnam: Foreign direct investment, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and partnerships
- Vietnamese regional economy and economic zones
CULTURAL/TOURIST ACTIVITIES (SAMPLE)
- 3M, HCMC, Vietnam
- 40Hrs. Vietnam
- 2 or more Vietnamese companies
- Ho Chi Minh City tour – The largest, most dynamic city in Vietnam
- Boat tour on Mekong River – The longest river in Vietnam
- Tunnels of Cu Chi – A famous Vietnam War Historic site
- One in-class meeting in January
- 3 online meetings in February and March
- Saturday March 19 to Saturday March 26 Study tour in Ho chi Minh City – Vietnam (plan to leave for Vietnam one to two days prior to the March 19)
- One online class and one in-class meeting in March and April
Travel Cost (without international airfare): $900
(Note: Costs are based on the assumption that you are a full-time student and do not pay additional tuition for this class.)
This price includes:
OTHER COSTS NOT INCLUDED IN ABOVE FEES:
- Bus/train/boat transportation to various business and cultural sites during the travel period
- Cost of admittance to class activities (e.g., tours and excursions)
- Double-occupancy hotel for the duration of the study trip
- 2 meals per day
- International Airfare (around $1,250 to $1,400+)
- Visa for Vietnam ($100)
- Required MU international health insurance ($38)
Admitted MU undergraduate business, political science or communication studies student (sophomore standing or higher) in good standing (no probationary status) with cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. An interview might be needed before acceptance to ensure fit with the class and academic requirements of the student.
Three undergraduate business credits (INBU 4951: International Study in Business).
**Full-time Undergraduate Students**
- Business students: Social/Ethical requirement (similar to MANA 3002 or PHIL 4330), IB elective, or Business Elective. This course satisfies the college requirement for the International Business class.
- Non-business students: Must obtain pre-approval from their academic advisor.
: This class will be added to your spring semester schedule and will be a part of your full time tuition (no extra tuition). The course is INBU 4951, counting for Social/Ethical, an IB elective, or a business elective. It is okay to have two or more INBU 4951’s.